The Door by William

The Door

The rain poured outside our house. A sad wet day on Christmas Eve ruined the outside of our beloved home. I was hiding the presents for the kids in the attic. So at night I sneaked up into the sodden compartment with a ladder and climbed in, the presents were still there but a mysterious door stood there. I wounded “Why is that there?” “What’s inside it?”

I looked at my watch, it was 10:05, and I had loads of time. So I stared at it for a while, described it to myself: oak wood, holly leaves, loin head knocker, no handle! After a long period of thinking, I pushed it open…

Out of the blue I turned up on a cathedral, sort of the one we have in Truro. The wondrous place had tons of chairs, probably about 5000! It had glamorous new stain glass windows and a stunning roof with beautiful patterns

I glanced behind me, an encased hole with guide ropes around it. I carefully walked over there and peeked in and it was nothing but a normal hole. I thought how can I get back? I looked in the hole again, it was different, the door was there again. Without hesitation I jumped in and there I was, back in the attic. I looked at my watch and it said 10:05 the same time I entered the door! So I forgot all about it and carried the presents downstairs and put them under the tree ready for Christmas.

One thought on “The Door by William